Tuesday 15 June 2010

I Want to Write !!!

One of the reasons I got into blogging was the simple idea that I love stories. Ever since I was old enough to read I have always wanted to be an author. I suppose everyone wants to one day pick up a notepad and find they have become the next JK Rowling or Stephen King.

For me I never knew what I wanted to though, did I want to be a journalist, did I want to right the next Harry Potter, or did I want to be a poet ? To be honest, I wanted to be all of these things, thats how much I love writing sometimes, just loosing yourself to telling a story you feel passionate about.

So with that in mind I thought about why I don't do it as a career, and unfortunately the truth is, Fear. I fear being rejected, I fear getting it wrong, I fear fumbling my words, or people just plain hating it. So as sad as it sounds I live with fear that no one will ever let me write a story, and I decided I no longer want to be afraid.

So I wrote a story, or the beginning of one at least, and I blogged it :). I don't care if a publisher hates it, I just want to tell a story.

So my new fiction piece is called Alone in the Crowd and you can find it at, http://alone-in-the-crowduk.blogspot.com/ . I hope you like it, and if it turns out to be your taste don't be shy about saying so. :D

This long old beast is only chapter 1 with more to follow on as soon as I can write them.

To anyone who has a dream, but are afraid, don't be anymore, it's sometimes worse to sit alone and wonder what you might of done, if you were more brave.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment