Wednesday 19 May 2010

The Truth will set you Free. But it will piss you off first

The truth is I have dyslexia, well maybe that's the truth I have become that good at working around it, that it has not bothered me in years. It all started thanks to a series of small mistakes, which tend to be the only ones I make, you know the type the small silly errors that you tend to make if you are tryig to make a quick deadline. A typing error was made, and because i am not as focused as normal I didn't notice. Problem is that someone else did notice.

Now I reckon that if you notice someone make a mistake you tell them and they can fix it. Except this person decided to write a very LONG email to my boss saying how I am not checking my work properly. This leads my boss to schedule an informal meeting with me regarding said feedback. I take it on the chin and get back to work. Of course I am stewing about a silly mistake being made worse.... So perhaps i am obsessing over it so I make another one..... You see where I am going with this.

My boss reckons I should get my dsylexia properly checked by a doctor and inform the rest of the team. The idea leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I have always tried to act like there is nothing wrong and don't want to be treated like there is. Am I being too prideful?

No comments:

Post a Comment