Tuesday 12 October 2010

Sick as a Dog !!

OK it takes a lot to really fuck me off, as anyone who knows me would corroborate, albeit more likely the word "soft" would be used.

Knowing this however the universe decides to throw curve-balls my way to try and really piss me off. Today the universe pushed me a little bit too far.

Today I have been sick as a dog, a particularly diseased looking stray as it happens. They call it a winter bug, which makes it sound cute........ it isn't. So I called in sick, a rare occurrence, and stayed in bed, occasionally coughing up a lung, and taking pain killers like tic tacs.

I call in sick, which took some doing and straining of the vocal chords since I lost my voice. Eventually they got the message however and I sent in what feels like a 10 page email detailing all my outstanding work from memory, and my boss emails me and tells me to go back to bed and rest.

Sadly rest eludes me. First off the house alarm went off when I was trying to sleep, as my father decided to do some rewiring. I would of yelled but loss of aforementioned voice meant the most I could manage was to look daggers at him.

Next the baby (my sisters daughter who was being looked after by my mum) starts screaming. Mum starts yelling asking me to look after her, which I cant do since I don't want to get the little one sick.

And as if that wasn't enough my Dad decides I need a bit of cheering up so he sends the dog into my room to jump into bed and trying to eat my ears.....

Then finally they all pop out for a couple of minutes for fresh air, meaning that when the delivery for some new sofas arrive there is no one to collect and unload them, except for old sicky here.

Listen kids, if you ever think it would be nice to call in sick and spend a day at home..... DO NT, because right now a genuine sicky is now feeling like absolute Poo and thinks I will be laid up a while :(

No comments:

Post a Comment