Saturday 30 October 2010

Why WoW is better than Real Life

OK loads of people make fun of me for playing WoW. What can I say it's a special kind of therapy, so in e spirit of fun, and maybe boredom here is my top 5 list of reasons why the World of Warcraft can be SOOOO much better than real life.

1. You get to Travel.

Life is short, money is tight, and the real world is huge. If I was to list all the many many places I wanted to travel to then this blog would be 20 pages long. When you hit the game world you realise the world is still big, but thanks to a little can do spirit you can travel the length and breadth of the game world in a few days and take in the sights. You may never get enough money to see the pyramids or the Eiffel Tower, but for your subscription fee you get to see towers, temples, cities and epic sights.

2. Money is never tight.

Except for the occasional repair bill and your subscription fee you are never going to be out of money, I work in a sometimes frustrating and often pressured job and I wish I could get a bit more for bang for my buck. When you are in the game world all the gold and silver you need is only a quest or a kill away.

3. Murder is allowed.

Odd one this, but how many times have you left the office are the parents place and seriously wanted to kill someone. Well here you are it's legal now :) and often encouraged. This is because the bad guys are actually evil, which makes life much easier, compared to real life where capital punishment alone is a subject of controversy.

4. Death is merely a set back.

Ok I know that this sort of thing is what can desensitise young people and leads to nasty columbine like incidents, but imagine how great life would be if you never really needed to worry about death. God knows I would probably be a bit more fearless in my life, and stand up to the real monsters in real life.

5. You get what you work for.

Everything you do in the game gives you a reward. Whether it's a shiny new sword, a pretty helmet or just a plain old handful of gold for your hoard you get something. We all work hard in life and very rarely is our hard work recognised and here it shows in everything you are.


Well this is my top 5. But. I do want to say that I love my real life, I love going out clubbing and hanging out with my friends. But at times like this when I am watching the pennies, and a bit sore from the break up, then a bit of me time in another world is the perfect kind of escapism.

As I sign off now my level 55 Mage needs a bit of help powerlevelling through the snowy wilds of Winterspring, and if you get that reference, feel free to drop a comment :).

Seez y'all later.


No comments:

Post a Comment