Saturday 27 November 2010

Reigniting my Social Life

In the good old days of yore, when a young lady/boy/ladyboy reached an age they used to have a big party in an effort to launch themselves into society. These were called debuts, and more recently coming out parties.

The joyful pun you could make out of this is simply too good to resist, so I say I want one now too. I want to have my coming out party, not to "come out of the closet" but to get back out there a little. If I am to be launched however I think it should be like the launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile. Big, flashy, exciting, a little scary, and leaving destruction, chaos and screaming in my wake.

In the spirit of getting back out there I am plotting my return to being a single man on the scene. Sure money is tight, but hell, life is meant to be lived, not to be wasted watching Desperate Housewives (even though I do love that show).

So what's the plan? I guess starting small, maybe some dinner with mates, a drink in a bar after work here and there. Gatecrash a party or two if I'm brave/drunk enough. Then back to my good old clubbing self which I said goodbye to when I was 19, and then the sky is the limit...... Or more literally, my bank balance is the limit.....

OK I get it, I am 4 years older (maybe 2 years wiser) and I have to be responsible too. Well its something I care about, so I will have to try and find the time.

Signing off today I have just text my mate to get some dinner plans on the go, and organised 2 shopping trips with some good mates. Then maybe a trip up to my beloved London for some much needed hustle and bustle in the big city.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You so easily lift the lid on the way you are......and that makes it easy for your readers to recognise the way they are. Great instinctive reader engagement, Scott. We'll be in touch. Michael, Lustralboy co-founder.

    ReplyDelete