Thursday 8 April 2010

OK, time to be responsible

Now that the drama of my new boyfriend and my family breaking bread together has finally passed I realise that the energy I have been putting into worrying about it has finally started to seep back into me. So I am finding that I have a larger capacity to do more things that I must admit I have seriously put of doing.

I am not sure what put me in the mood to start overhauling my life. Maybe the fact that spring is in the air, and for once the rain has stopped? Either way my I am feeling a sudden urge to dust to cobwebs from my brain and try to live a little better. If you are a loyal reader you will remember that I said in a previous post that I was going to organise my life. This is not quite the same thing, one is thinking about it, this is actually doing it..... a strange and scary concept.

Thanks to my mental organisation I have finally put together a shortlist of all the things that really do need attention.

1) Computer - I am afraid I am one of those people who has a cluttered computer. I have just been living with it for a bit too long and even the other half is beginning to notice it could do with a tidy :S. So I will be going through and getting rid of all the crap i dont need, and backing up all the stuff i do, including my massive media and film collection.

2) Wardrobe - OK, lets face it some things just are not coming back into style :(. I have more clothes than I can fit in my wardrobe and the wood is beginning to groan in protest, so I need to put aside my in built homosexual desire to hoard the clothes and put them in a bin liner, or failing that charity. Or if I'm feeling really mean give the bin-liners as clothes to charity....... I'm in a weird mood tonight.

3) Friends - You are probably thinking why would I feel the need to organise my friends..... but the truth is I do. Since I have been happily enraptured by the lovely bf, I have been neglecting some of my friends to the point of nastiness. So I seriously need to organise some fun times and dinners in the next few months to get me back in peoples good books. Likewise my bf really needs to be introduced or they will start to think I'm making him up :S.

4) Money - Before you ask, NO, this is not a list in order of importance, otherwise my priorities would be well and truly FUCKED. Anyway my finances are stable, but that's about it. Its time to speculate, so I can accumulate some of that precious green so I can fund myself a little better.

There is probably a lot more to sort out, but that is the list for now, may not seem much to you, but to me the little stuff is always the easiest to start with. Once I am done with these I am sure there will be something else to keep my attentions consumed.

1 comment:

  1. Scott

    Organization, i wish had more in my life. I hope your efforts make life a little better

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete