Sunday 28 March 2010

The Lost Weekend :(

Maybe this is part of my whole mid-mid-life crisis but I am beginning to wonder of the seconds are running along faster, especially at the weekends. No sooner than I do a couple of the jobs that I had schedules to do today than all of a sudden the sun has gone to bed, and so must I (mentally slapping myself for quoting Sound of Music).

It was one of those days that's sluggish to start, so I decided to stay in bed for an extra hour, downside was that I forgot it was daylight savings so ended up staying in bed for two hours without meaning too. But the second I got up I realised there was still a dull ache from yesterdays exertions. Still I soldiered on and pit a load in the wash and stripped the bed. Of course as soon as I made my presence known I ended up on babysiting duty, but that was fine by me since I had nothing else to do.

Then I ended up sitting on eBay looking at random stuff trying to make a list of all the things that I would need for when the house was ready. It was daunting when inreally thought about all the little things I would need for my home. I must admit I still have that odd twinge of excitement, thinking about my knives and forks and towels, which means I am either becoming a proud home owner, or a slightly nutty one.

Still the day passed surprisingly fast between the wash and the child minding, and then the lengthy ironing session with True Blood playing in the background and a nice big Sunday roast to round of the evening.

Even as I write this I guess this is not one of my more exciting posts, that being said this is a weekend, and I have needed to have some rest for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment