Sunday 21 March 2010

The Proud iPhone owner, aka Mr. App Happy

I am one of those people who most people look at with simaltaneous jelousy and disdain, not because i am smart and attractive and thin, (thats besides the point) but because I am an iPhone user. Never before since mobile phones launched has their been a single phone that has made everyone feel so conflicted, owned by many, wanted by more. Of course there are always those who want to spoil the fun, they usually sit like the angel on your shoulder and say, "Its not really the special, its just hyped up, any other phone can do what it does". Well to those people I say, bugger off and Play with your Motorola RAZR, and leave us in peace.

Of course I have noticed that since I bought the iPhone, not only have I not stopped playing with it since I got it, but the inclusion of the App Store has made my day. There is an App for every little thing, an app to organise my day, an app to calculate tips at restaurants, an app that keeps note of your meetings/appointments. Of course then it gets strange, an app that counts down the days till christmas, an app that gives you train times, an app that calls your car insurance provider and tells them you have had a crash.

Its amazing how I never knew I needed any of this stuff until I saw I could get all of it on my phone, for free, or next to no cost.

So everyone, embrace the apps, and very soon there will probably be an app which tells you what apps you need, and an app that tells you the meaning of life. Which is probably still 42.

1 comment:

  1. Scott

    Im a proud black berry owner :P

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete