Sunday 21 March 2010

Records, or an annyoung excuse to make a blog?

When I write on a blog for the first time I am always wondering about how other people start theirs. I am currently sitting on my bed with my laptop in hand, thinking of all the things I could write about, of course when it comes to actually writing my fingers take on a form of keyboard based babble that frankly is embarrassing to behold.

In short I know that I want to write about me, my life, and thei things that go on in my life, and the opinions that i have about the way things are going in the world.I am sure that other people find the exercise of writing about the base munitia of their lives to be relaxing, but with me it creates a sense of anxiety. A part of me wonders if anyone will take an interest in the sometimes normal, sometimes abnormal way I seem to go about my life. Does anyone really care what a semi-faceless nobody in the south of essex thinks?

Then I realised the most important thing. No one has to care, but the important part is that I share. And yes, I am aware that rhymes and I am sure that it will be a useful bumper sticker for therapists and a handy notice to hang on a confession booth.

I think that the important part of what I am trying to do here, is to be entirely selfish, after all this is a blog about me, and anyone who would ever know me in real life would know that i dont often make much of a show of whats really going through my head. Seriously, I am so emotionally repressed that sometimes I need to remind myself what I should be feeling, which can be really annoying at weddings, christenings and funerals, especially when I get the emotions mixed up.

So why write a blog, why not invest in a diary??? Well I am developing a theory that anyone who has a diary, subconciously wants someone else to read it, otherwise they wouldnt have to be made so private and alluring in the first place. So a blog seemed like the best way to cut out the middle man, not that the middle man doesnt have his place but a good snip is sometimes called for.

Well I can see that my fingers have been rambling incessently already and I have barely even started. Still I have plenty to write about, and maybe in time, there will be plenty of people to read. Fingers and firmly crossed, and ego is firmly placed on the chopping block.

1 comment:

  1. Scott

    A blog is a wonderful way of meeting some people and communicating some ideas with the world i do believe

    nice to see you get started, take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete