Monday 29 March 2010

Time to get Organised !!

OK, I spent the majority of the day in a special training course which is designed to tell me how to better manage my time, and energy. It was more of a work thing but in a creepy kind of way it helped me to figure out some of the classic mistakes I have been making for years. Since one of my goals is to improve the quality of my life, I thought there would be nothing better than to clear out the cobwebs and give my pysche a quick spring clean.

One of the first points that came out of my course, was that human beings have a miraculous capacity for klutter. It comes on us in all kinds of ways, from the clothes you never wear but always keep, to the DVD's I have not watched in years, but never want to throw up. It told me that the key to finding your way to being more productive and be able to do all the things you want, the first thing that I need to do is take the Klutter out of my life. OK as much as I would love to argue with that, I know myself, and I am a natural packrat.

So with a heavy heart for many of my worldy posessions I have decided to make the time and clear out all the things I no longer want. I mean seriously I have a bookcase full of videos, who watches vidoes anymore :S. That being said I dont even have a video player. My Wardrobe is also shaking ever so slightly as the bulky jumpers and ancient clothes which have survived many a culling, now know that their time has come.

I have a lot of things to get through in the next couple of weeks, mostly when it comes to my boyfriend meeting my whole family for the first time (both insanely nervous) but once that is out of the way I am going to work my way through the mess and give me that blank canvas I need to start painting my life into existance.

1 comment:

  1. Scott

    I find that the more space you have the more clutter you have. I do try and throe things out but its amazing how much junk you keep

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete